Mirza Sahiban (1947), one of the most famous films of its time, starred the famous Madam Noor Jehan opposite popular actor (and Prithviraj Kapoor’s elder brother) Trilok Kapoor. Roop Kamal, Rekha, Gulab, Mishra, Baby Anwari, Gope and Cuckoo played supporting roles. Like most other films of our dear Noor Jehan, it had fantastic music.
Here are the outstanding melodies, composed by Husnlal-Bhagatram and Pandit Amarnath.
1. Haath Seene Pe Jo Rakh Do To Qarar Aa Jaye by Noor Jehan, G M Durrani on Noor Jehan, Trilok Kapoor
2. Ho, Kya Yahi Tera Pyaar Tha by Noor Jehan, singing for herself
3. Aaja Tujhe Afsana Judai Ka Sunayen, Madam Noor Jehan on herself
4. Tum Aankhon Se Door by Noor Jehan and G M Durrani, on Noor Jehan and Trilok Kapoor
5. Khayegi Thokren Ye Jawani by G M Durrani, on Trilok Kapoor
6. Haye Re Ud Ud Jaye Mera Reshmi Dupatwa by Madam Noor Jehan (on herself), Madam Zohrabai (on Roop Kamal) and Madam Shamshad Begum (on another Noor Jehan!)
7. Suno Meri Sarkar, Jawani Kya Kehti Hai by Zohrabai and Shamshad Begum, on a group of girls
8. Rut Rangeeli Aayi, Chandni Chayi, Chand Mere Aaja by Noor Jehan (on herself), Zohrabai and Shamshad Begum on others
9. Samne Gali Mein Mera Ghar Hai by Zohrabai on Cuckoo, also Gope of screen
10. Patra Likhan Walia by Baby Anwari, Shamshad Begum, Noor Jehan and Trilok Kapoor on screen
11. Aaj Miyan Ji Ko Chadh Jaye Bukhar To Bada Maza Aaye by Shamshad Begum, G M Durrani and chorus on Baby Anwari and co
Hope you enjoyed the songs, and Vilage Girl (1945) songs will come up soon!