A truly very very rare video; part of the documentary film, Mortal Men Immortal Melodies. The music director pair Husnlal-Bhagatram composed this song, re-sung by Husnlal’s son. Glimpses of Suraiya and Rehman in Pyaar Ki Jeet, enjoy!
Archive for suraiya
This was the most famous movie of Madam Noor Jehan as an actress and in India. All of its songs were a craze and its cast boasted of three singing stars – the hero and heroine Surendra and Noor Jehan, and Suraiya playing the second heroine.
Music by Naushad
1. Awaaz De Kahan Hai by Noor Jehan and Surendra, picturised on themselves
2. Jawan Hai Mohabbat Haseen Hai Zamana by Noor Jehan, picturised on herself
3. Mere Bachpan Ke Sathi Mujhe Bhool Na Jana by Noor Jehan, picturised on herself
4. Aaja Meri Barbad Mohabbat Ke Sahare by Noor Jehan, picturised on herself
5. Kya Mil Gaya Bhagwan Tumhen Dil Ko Dukhake by Noor Jehan, picturised on herself
6. Kyoon Yaad Aa Rahe Hain Guzre Hue Zamane by Surendra, picturised on himself
7. Udan Khatole Pe Ud Jaoon by Shamshad Begum and Zohrabai Ambalewali, picturised on unknown boy and girl
8. Tera Khilona Toota Balak by Mohammed Rafi, picturised on unknown toyseller
9. Socha Tha Ky, Kya Ho Gaya by Suraiya, picturised on herself
10. Man Leta Hai Angdayi Jeevan Pe Jawani Chaayi by Suraiya, picturised on herself
11. Main Dil Mein Dard Basa Layi by Suraiya, picturised on herself
12. Ab Kaun Hai Mera Kaho Ab Kaun Hai Mera by Surendra, picturised on himself