Here are some awesome songs, a glimpse through the legend Lata Mangeshkar’s glorious singing career.
1. Teri Mehfil Mein Qismat Aazmaakar Ham Bhi Dekhenge with Shamshad Begum Ji in Mughal-E-Azam (1960), picturised on Madhubala, Nigar Sultana, Dilip Kumar and others
2. Woh Chand Khila Woh Tare Hanse in Anari (1959), Mukesh also sings a line
Picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nutan
3. Dil Ka Khilona Haye Toot Gaya in Goonj Uthi Shehnai (1959), picturised on Ameeta
4. Aaja Re Pardesi in Madhumati (1958) picturised on Vyjayantimala and Dilip Kumar (LATA WON THE BEST PLAYBACK SINGER FILMFARE AWARD FOT THE FIRST TIME HERE)
5. Ab Aage Teri Marzi in Devdas (1955) picturised on Vyjayantimala, Dilip Kumar, Motilal and others
6. Na Milta Gham To Barbadi Ke Afsane Kahan Jate in Amar (1954) picturised on Nimmi
7. Door Koi Gaye Dhun Ye Sunaye with Shamshad Begum and Mohammed Rafi in Baiju Bawra (1952), picturised on Meena Kumari, Bharat Bhushan and others
8. Zindgi Badli Mohabbat Ka Maza Aane Laga with Rajkumari Ji in Anhonee (1952), picturised on Nargis’s double-role
9. Dheere Se Aaja Ri Akhiyan Mein in Albela (1951) picturised on Bhagwan and a girl
10. O Gore Gore with Amirbai Karnataki Ji in Samadhi (1950)
Picturised on Nalini Jaywant, Kuldip Kaur, Ashok Kumar and others
11. Panchi Ban Mein Piya Piya Gane Laga in Babul (1950) picturised on Nargis
12. Chale Jaana Nahin Nain Milake in Badi Bahen (1949) picturised on Geeta Bali and Pran
13. Jiya Beqarar Hai, Chaai Bahar Hai in Barsat (1949) picturised on Nimmi
14. Aayega Aayega Aayega Aanewala in Mahal (1949) picturised on Madhubala and Ashok Kumar (LATA’S FIRST HIT SONG)
15. Bedard Tere Dard Ko in Padmini (1948)
16. Paa Lagu Kar in Aap Ki Seva Mein (1947) (LATA’S FIRST PLAYBACK SONG)
And the song I uploaded as a tribute to her, an evergreen duet of her and another amazing singer cum actress, Madam Shanta Apte. It is a 3 minute song with the remaining time with a slideshow of pictures of Lata and Shanta.
17. Main Khili Khili Phulwari with Shanta Apte Ji in Subhadra (1946)
May Lata live long, ending my tribute to her here.